March 01, 2005

I can't believe I'm doing this

So I started one of these blog things. I know what you're thinking, and I don't believe it either. I always thought these things were for high school girls and corporate whistle blowers. Either way, I've read a few of these from different people and it doesn't seem too bad. It's not even that I really want to maintain a journal or anything. I mostly want to just write some random stuff down that people can read if they want. I realize that OU provides web space that I could have done this with, and I almost did. I downloaded Dreamweaver and everything... but then it hit me. That requires work. Either HTML editing, or screwing around with Dreamweaver, which isn't quite so bad, but it would probably make me want to focus more time on making the page do neat things than actually being a reflection of things I'm thinking. That part scares me too though, especially after talking to Nate the other day. He said that when he talked to an Army recruiter they knew all sorts of crazy things about him. I fear that. I just know that in a few years when I'm applying to the CIA, or farther down the road if I run for public office, I'm going to be asked about this. "So Tyler, I see by your web log that you liked the movie 'Farenheit 9/11'. Does this mean you're a card carrying communist or a liberal hippie? Which one is it?" The book 1984 frightens me. I loathe Big Brother. Ah well. Here I am. So anyway, I'm going to give this a shot and see what happens. P.S. Before I forget, I'd like to ask that you leave a comment or two on what you read. I'm always curious about other people's opinions on some of this stuff, so post away.

No comments: